Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 01-08-2007, 06:33 AM
Alek Yasko (kombrig)

Default Sherry wrote: ---------------

Sherry wrote:
------------------
You may need to turn off any antivirus, firewall, or other "intruder alert" software while you're trying to install the software. That usually takes care of the "freeze" problem. Then just turn it back on after you do the installation.
------------------

It can't be, Sherry. Because a setup program is already in my computer! It's just doesn't work.
Plus I have triple ring of defense:
1. Spy sweeper
2. Norton antivirus
3. Norton firewall
I simply cannot turn it off. There is no such an option. It works forever! I have to completely uninstall all that... However, I very doubt that setup program shall work then.

And you know what else? I feel deceived, because I purchased MNC just a month ago. So, it suppose to be the latest version 2.0.2 or - at least - 2.0.1! But instead, Plimus.com sold me out some creepy junk, full of bugs - 1.1.7, good enough for demo version, but no good for some serious work. Well, actually it works too, but I must use uncensored words. Endlessly!

Nevertheless, I understand that nor you or neither Mark are not responsible for such an embarrassment: sales@plimus.com - does!
I believe, I need a CD with MNC software. I'm willing to pay a shipping. So, what should I do? Write them e-mail or else?

By the way, Sherry, you welcome to visit my site http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...?bandID=646434
...and enjoy my performance.
You have no idea how thankful I am for your help. God bless you...
Old 01-08-2007, 11:18 AM
Herbert WENDE (herbert)

Default Hi Kombrig, I am sad to hea

Hi Kombrig,

I am sad to hear about your problems with Composer. I am quite upset that nobody offers real help.

I have much the same on my computer as you have. I do not like Norton Antivirus. It is very user-unfriendly and a real pain in my view. I will not renew it, but you can switch it off. You do not need to switch any of that off nor uninstall it. I never do.

I have not had any problems installing Composer and I have made many installations during beta testing.

I hope that you will be given satisfaction. I think you will.

Best wishes,

Herbert
Old 01-08-2007, 04:18 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy guys, Kombrig wrote:

Howdy guys,

Kombrig wrote:
---------------
It can't be, Sherry. Because a setup program is already in my computer!
---------------

Ah, but it can be You were able to download the software successfully, and that much is good. But it is during the installation process where the problem arises.

Firewall or antivirus software "opposition" is the bane of installation programs. As Herbert has pointed out, in their admirable effort to protect your computer, "protection" applications are sometimes overprotective, and don't allow you to do what you want to. Some of them are confusing to initially configure correctly (ie, so they're really doing what you want) and difficult to change those settings if they're not what you wanted. That's why, rather than trying to figure out exactly what settings you need to change on every "protection" application out there, nearly any developer who has an application that runs on Windows will suggest that you simply turn off the protection software during an installation, then turn it back on again when you're done.

The installation software is a package that we use for installing our products, so it is not inherently a "Notation" product. Mark is looking to switch to another installation package, which will probably also have it's own little quirks, just hopefully not as many.

For the version of Composer that you have, purchases made one month ago were before the official release of 2.0, so yes, you got the 1.1.7 version for the download, with the understanding that you would be eligible for a free upgrade to version 2.0, which you can get by visiting http://www.notation.com/FreeUpdateToNotation20.php

Please do note that you may need to turn off your protection software for the installation to proceed correctly

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 01-08-2007, 04:21 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Kombrig, I almost for

Howdy Kombrig,

I almost forgot to add that I visited your SoundClick site. Wow - thatsa lotsa music! Nicely done, and I must confess that I enjoyed the more "traditional accordian" pieces the best, probably because that's what my ear is attuned to. The arrangement of Dancing Queen was very impressive

ttfn,
Sherry