Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-14-2006, 10:38 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Fred, I like this more e

Hi Fred,

I like this more each time I hear it. On my machine, the slow violins have a hiccupy effect (was the same on my old machine), so I tried the string ensemble 1 preset, and it goes away.

What I meant by trimming the strings was basically editing. Look at measure three, where the violins have an E5, G#4, G#4, E4 and E5. There may be a bit of over-kill there, and the E4 isn't possible since the lowest violin note is G4. The viola has a G#4, which the violins already have, and the viola can handle the E4 (its low note being C4). However, the violins are basically on one side of the orchestra, and the other strings more or less on the other, so the sound source has to be considered, too. Could the third violins be worked as chords in either the first or second violins?

Anyhow, that sort of thing.

I wonder about diminishing the volume, uniformly, of everything but the harp, clarinet and piano, and maybe upping the volume of those a bit.

I really like the doubling of the contrabass and the acoustic bass--it gives a wonderful pizzicato/sustained effect. It is an effect I'm likely to borrow.

Keep posting.

all best,
mgj