How do I set a file association for .not files in Windows 10 or 11?
To set the file association in Windows 10/11, you'll want to:
1. Use Windows Explorer to find one of your .not song files.
2. Right-click and then choose "Open" (or double-click).
3. Make sure "Always use..." is selected, and click "More apps".
4. Scroll down and click on "Look for another app on this PC."
5. Navigate to c:\Program Files\Notation_X\Composer_X\Composer.exe (X = latest major version). If you have Musician, replace "Composer" with "Musician".
6. Click the "Open" button at the bottom of the dialog box.
Composer/Musician should then open that file, and then in the future you'll only need to double-click the .not file you want and Composer will automatically open it.