Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Suggestions and feature requests

Suggestions and feature requests Make suggestions for improving any aspect of any Notation Software product, or for new features.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-05-2019, 05:47 PM

Default Moving Symbols

This is an ease-of-use question/request: When placing a symbol in a score (segno, coda, fermata, etc.), it can be rather touchy to fine tune the placement. The Help data says, in part:

4. Among the displayed symbols, select one, and then click the OK button.
The symbol will be added where you had clicked the mouse in the score.

5. Optionally, adjust the location of the symbol in the score by dragging it with the mouse.

The initial placement is never where I put the tip of my cursor, but rather somewhat above where I click. Then, in order to move the symbol, I drag the anchor to move the symbol to where I really want it.

I have no idea how difficult the code upgrade would be to implement this request, but it certainly would be nice to be able to select a symbol and adjust its placement by using the cursor keys (up, down, right, left).

This request may seem a little ticky-tacky, but moving the symbol by dragging and dropping the anchor is nowhere near as precise.

Ralph Rayner