Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-14-2015, 05:17 AM
Senior User

Default Problem with note length

In the last measure both Part 1 and Part 2 the 2nd eighth note plays too fast at 100%.

I have two versions (staffs) of the tune if you delete either version it be OK.

I had like 8 versions and it was messed up at around 50%

As I deleted each version (staff) it raised the speed that it would mess up at.

I labeled the note with text that plays too fast.

If you delete either Bob Staff or Brian Staff the other staff (on that note) it will play at the correct speed. Also the 2nd to last measure messes up too.

I've attached it. I included the original version with many versions (staffs) that has the problem very bad and the newest version that is pruned down to two versions and works at 90% but not 100%.
The old original version does not have the note labeled and plays that note too fast at 55% (on the i7 computer see note below).

I've reset tempo on everything. I've reset all notes to play as noted (which usually fixes issues like this).

Note also that the other staffs that causes issues are Muted and not Displayed. But if you delete them, it gradually improves as you delete each hidden and muted staff. I also tried move staff on to different MIDI channels and that makes no difference.

EDIT: Just tried it on the original computer that I found it on. And the pruned version is ok on that computer.
Both are Windows 10, both fairly powerful. One is 4 Core Xeon Desktop the other a 2 core i7. Both with 8Gb 64bit.
I play tunes like this all the time on both computers. Something is messed up with this tune/file.
I suspect if I built a new one from scratch it would be ok. Something historical is messed up inside the file.
Something that perhaps uses excessive CPU for a moment and it falls behind and then tries to catch back up to get back on "the beat" .

P.S. IE11 (under Windows 10) does NOT like your Manage Attachments at all. It crashed or hung IE11 a whole bunch of times. I had to use FireFox.
Attached Files
File Type: zip stannes.zip (102.9 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by mswlogo; 12-14-2015 at 05:37 AM.