Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-10-2005, 08:05 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default I'm not sure where this sh

I'm not sure where this should go in the forum's tree, but I'll put it here since it's basically classical in form.

The first movement is in 3/4 time. I can't think of another piano concerto in which there is a long waltz-like movement and have the creepy feeling that the root reason is that it just won't work. In any case, it's marked Allegro.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Piano Concert, 1st mvt, Allegro
Piano Concerto 2 (149.5 k)</td></tr></table></center>

The second movement, marked adagio espressivo, is based on--in fact, quotes--a Celtic song which I first heard under the title "Will Ye Go Lassie?" but is more frequently known as "Wild Mountain Thyme." The middle section derives from the same tune, and the section ends with a reference to what will become the main theme in the next movement. This movement ends with a quote of the "Thyme" theme.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Piano Concerto, 2nd mvt, Adagio espressivo
Piano Concerto 2 (39.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>

III is a rondo, with the first two themes being based on American songs, which I don't think I quote directly, except for some phrases, at any point. The movement is marked Allegro molto.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Piano Concerto, 3rd mvt, Allegro molto
Piano Concerto 2 (96.5 k)</td></tr></table></center>

This is an in-progress thing, but the work remaining shouldn't much alter the over-all midi sound, though it could make a difference in a performance.

mgj