Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2007, 07:46 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi, I have put the Violin C

Hi,

I have put the Violin Concerto up on Soundclick. The URL is www.soundclick.com/mgjacobs .

This is very much both in progress and finished. I am not quite sure how that would be parsed in rational discourse, but I'm not worrying too much about it, for now. Actually, it is structurally as it will be, whatever changes I might make, and I'm not sure there will be many, if any. The first movement is in sonata form, the second, roughly, ABAB, and the third a rondo. Any changes will probably be the replacement of themes. The one thing that was easy about getting this concerto down was that themes suggested themselves profusely. There are some (such as the C, or slow, theme in the 3rd movement) that sounded awfully familiar from the start. Near the end of the movement, the theme is repeated by the violin; following this a variation is heard by the full orchestra. This variation may become the C theme. There are a couple of other themes that may, also, be replaced in the first movement.

Since I do not play the violin (other than "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star,} years and years ago, writing for the instrument has been and is a real challenge. There are passages where I had to have my finger in a book that details what the violin can and can't play, and I had, also, to look at the scores for other violin music (Paganini was very helpful, and thank the powers that Notation makes it pretty easy to find examples).

I still enjoy listening to the piece, so I'm going to just do that for a while as I try to revive my first piano concerto from a folder of things destined to finally go to the recycle bin. So it is, indeed, finished in that sense, though it may some day not be finished.