Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Tips and tricks for using Notation Software products

Tips and tricks for using Notation Software products Learn (and share) tips and tricks for getting the most out of your Notation Software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2009, 11:58 PM
john s. smith (jss)

Default Inserting real time section in existing composition

Hi,
I have a (piano) composition well under way and it has all been entered by hand (mouse). I would like to record a separate section in Real Time (ie play it in at the keyboard) and insert this midi recording within in the main work.

Are there any particular things I should be careful about when doing this - or maybe tips on a best way to do it? I guess I just open a new file, do the read-time recording, and cut n paste the result into the first file?

On an unrelated matter: is there a "randomize" function available that I can use to randomise the note velocities? The intention is humanise the playback. A really good need for this is in long (piano) trills where the machine gun effect stands out - mainly because of note velocities (but I guess such precision timing of each note too).
thanks
regards
-john