Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2011, 05:57 PM
Senior User

Default Problem with naming staffs

Please excuse my bad english, as I am a german user

I want to make a notation for a choir, comprising: solo, soprano, 2 altos, tenor and bass.

I'm facing a problem with naming my staffs. Example:

Step 1: I start to make a new file by clicking the 'new' button. Afterwards I choose 'vocal SATB' as the ensemble for a new song.

Step 2: I click 'staff setup' in order to add the solo and the additional alto staff and to rename the staffs to german spellings and save these changes.

Step 3: after having added the two additional staffs, I rename them (no problem so far)

Step 4: Afterwards, I define all other parameters required (meters, number of measures and so on) and finish my selection.

Now, the song is beeing created (and the problem appears): the two new staffs I added before (solo and alto 2) are called 'unnamed', the translations into german have not been carried out and I am not able to change this.

What am I doing wrong?