Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-20-2007, 03:04 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Call/12th Dimension is a tempo

Call/12th Dimension is a temporary title. My wife listened to about a week and a half ago, a few days before she died, and she liked it. I would like to call it "Song for Sara," but first I need to find out whose tune I have used as a basis for the variations that follow.

The melody is stated by the violin at the beginning. I know I have heard it, but I haven't been able to place where. If anybody can help, I would deeply appreciate completing this musical memorial, by completing the title.

I did this as an improvisation, writing the piece a measure at a time and changing virtually nothing. I would start with the piano, move to the current solo instrument, then the bass, and then the other instruments, as necessary. The drums are basically fill-in at the moment, and will be worked on.

For the moment my main interest is finding out what the title will be. I can pretty much rule out a piano concerto as the source, but it may be anything else--jazz, musical, opera, classical. I hope someone can either identify it or, if it sounds familiar, give me a direction in which to look further.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>12th Dimension
Call of the 12th Dimension rough.mid (99.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>