Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-15-2007, 08:07 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy, I haven't posted

Howdy,

I haven't posted music in a while, and thought I'd put up a little something that I worked on today (well, actually now it's yesterday mostly ;) ).

One of our kids' Sunday school teachers had some lyrics to what was supposed to be a "rap", and she asked me to come up with some music for it so it would be easier for the kids to learn. I really enjoy gospel and some versions of funk, and this piece sort of came together in a funky gospel flavored arrangement, though it's not exactly "authentic" (as afficiandos of both genres will find) to either.

The vocal part could use a lot more filling out to be reflective of a really good gospel choir, but I tried to keep it pretty simple as a kids' arrangement. I might work more on it at a later time to get a good choral sound. And I'm sure you brass players will have something "constructive" to say about my brass parts (and please do - I have this week to polish this thing up and make a recording for the backing track ). But here's the version as it stands now. I've been using my Chaos GM soundfont, so I'm not sure how it'll sound on each person's system. But you can find out

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Funky Disciple .not
DiscipleRap done.not (177.0 k)</td></tr></table></center>

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Funky Disciple .mid
DiscipleRap done.mid (20.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>

ttfn,
Sherry