Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2008, 01:30 AM
Michael Dodson (michael8648)

Default Charles Leslie Johnson, so I&#

Charles Leslie Johnson, so I'm told, was very prolific but lived his entire life in two cities: Kansas City, Kansas and Kansas City Misouri. He used a lot of pseudonyms. He is Raymond Birch here, to get his Blue Goose Rag published. I don't know if he was a black composer. My guess is he was, and perhaps it looked better for any one of his identities to not look too successful or earn too much money. On the other hand, Scott Joplin was a very clever money handler and was quite successful in his time, but maybe not in Kansas City. All other info is welcomed. Quality ragtime is highly structured and organized, as much as any classical work. There are a few themes interwoven.
The most important fact for me: I cannot stay unhappy very long when I am intently listening to good ragtime such as this. I bet the same is true for you. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do.<center><table border=1><tr><td>The Blue Goose Rag
Blue Goose Rag.mid (50.9 k)</td></tr></table></center>