Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Senior User

Default The Search for Nelly Gray, VI Encounters

The attached zip file and the listing on Soundclick (about mid-week) will still refer to this as part of my third symphony, which doesn't exist because "Nelly" has become something else.

The score needs quite a bit of even the simplified annotation I am working toward and a bit more work with the orchestra, but it is close enough to 10MB now to save that for later. Actually, the Prelude is the only section that I consider totally finished, anyhow.

I had intended that the song both sides join in on should end this section, but that became impossible. The solution of delaying it until the next section was simple enough, and also solved the problem of where a dialog between Nelly and Ned, which concerns Ned's state of mind, could be placed. Hopefully, section VII will take care of both.

The soundfont collection is entirely Merlin Creative. The piano did not get used where I originally intended, but forgot to delete the staff.

Although Real Voice is a good soundfont, I am becoming increasingly irritated that the timbre becomes female a few notes above Middle C, leaving the poor tenor sounding as if, well, he were not all there. If I ever come across a good tenor soundfont there will be considerable re-writing for the tenor soloist, and at some point will do a performance version for the poor guy.

all best,
mgj

PS. Sorry about that. Just found out that zip files are limited to 97 KB and .not to 1.91 MB. VI will be on Soundclick soon, and I will reply to an email with a pdf of the sometimes a bit complicated text.