Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hi M G, Thank you so much for

Hi M G,
Thank you so much for nice words! I save your stuff too. I really liked what Sherry did with the violin and piano for you on her web site. I downloaded the MP3 file.

Quote: Since when I've heard country music live,
and there was a piano, I've notiece that it was always more honky tonk
than grand; so I tried changing the grand to honky tonk. Give it a try
and see if you like it, too.

You’re absolutely right! I had the honky tonk piano most of the time I was working on it and for some reason I changed it . I changed it back.

Quote: I guess you were lucky you were where you were when you decided you
could play the sax and be an acrobat at the same time, since
'medication' was so readily available. How long after the fact was it
when you started to get a laugh out of the memory?

I got a laugh out of it right away, as long as the “medicine” had an effect. However, the smiles went away when the medicine wore off about 4 hours later. The smiles came back pretty quickly, though ( Thank God for great dentists! ). I think it took about 3 days to get the laughs back. He made me a permanent metal bridge that was cemented to the two teeth on either side and they instantly felt like my own.

Quote: Do you know
what the high and low notes are that a typical banjo can play?

No, I don’t. I have an instrument transposition chart that has just about everything but the banjo. I think the range is pretty extensive, though. I have a CD that was given to me by a good friend in Baltimore who has been dubbed ( I don’t know by whom) as the best banjo player in the world. I totally agree with that assessment. His name is Buddy Wachter. He has played command performances for the Queen and at the White House as well as the heads of many other countries. He is incredible. In his case, there may be no range. If you would like to hear him, I could mail you a copy of his CD.

Cheers….Fred