Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-26-2023, 03:03 PM

Location: Balderson, Ontario, Canada, 100 kms (60 miles) from Ottawa
Default Re: Sound problem

Hi, homeboy26:

First, I think you should be able to update 3.04 to 3.1.0; I'm not quite sure on that, but I think so.

To more directly address your problem, it may be as simple as re-booting your computer, if you tried to play something directly after re-installing Composer.

If that doesn't help, go into the Setup>MIDI devices>configuration box. Find the Notation Software Synth entry and click on the NON-bold line.

In that box, click on the Driver button and make sure ASIO is selected. You can also manually set the buffer size and buffer count from there. The bigger the buffers and the more the buffers, the smoother the playback BUT with more latency (lag) in the sound. It's a compromise, usually.

If you click on the Soundfont button, you can set the amount of gain for playback. If it's too high, it may distort -- and digital distortion is something you don't want! Lower it might clear things up.

I hope that helps.

David