Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2011, 11:54 PM
Active User

Question Change note duration

Hi! I have been getting on so well, but have hit a snag. In my score I have a series of 1/8 notes, but in the midi file they have come out as a sequence of dotted 1/8 notes and accompanying 1/16 notes. I am trying to shift the dot from the 1/8 note to make the following 1/16 note into another 1/8 note (if that makes sense). If I select the dotted 1/8 note, and press D and the Left arrow, the dotted 1/8 note changes into a 1/8 note and a 1/16th rest. So far so good. That gives me a 1/8 note a1/16 rest and a 1/16 note. Now I want to combine the 1/16 rest and the 1/16 note into a 1/8 note. This I have not been able to do! If I select the 1/16 note and press D and the right arrow, I get the message "cannot add note overlapping another with the same pitch, voice and track". If I trying to delete the rest, then the notation goes back to the original. I have also tried using 'Attack', but no good. Any pointers, please, before I have to re-write the whole score?