Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products

Using Notation Software products with other (third party) products Find out from others, or share your experience, about integrating Notation Software products with sound libraries, audio processing software, and other hardware and software products.

Old 01-03-2006, 06:18 PM
Voltrane

Default Hello, I am testing ForteDx

Hello,

I am testing ForteDxi with BIAB and would do the same with Composer.Is it possible to use DXI with Composer?HOW?
Thanks a lot
Marc
Old 05-21-2008, 06:16 AM
Joshua Frost (jdfrost)

Default Hi All, Was this question e

Hi All,

Was this question ever answered? Is it possible to use DXi with the latest Composer or Musician (version 2.4.x)?

Thanks,
Joshua
Old 05-21-2008, 11:57 AM
David Jacklin (dj)

Default Hi, Joshua: Notation Softwa

Hi, Joshua:

Notation Software products do not currently support any type of audio plug-ins.

It is possible to create a work-around, using a virtual midi port (such as Maple Midi or Hubi's Loopback) and a stand-alone host for the plug-in(s).

I use Herman Seib's excellent freeware VSTHost and SaviHost programs for VST's and VSTi's.

The only stand-alone DXi host that I can find is Console by ArtTeknica. You can find a demo here:

http://www.hitsquad.com/smm/programs/ConsoleSMS/

It is not, unfortunately, freeware, but I can't seem to find a freeware DXi host.

I'm not sure whether it is because DXi are harder to program than VSTi or what, but it seems that the DX plug-in industry is much more focussed on commercial/retail release than freeware.

However, most DX plug-ins have sibling VST versions or, certainly, equivalent ones. You might consider coming over to the dark side.

Good luck.

David