Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Daniel Vallery (danielv)

Default Hi everyone, this piece I st

Hi everyone,
this piece I started when I was 13 (I think. I'm 17 now). It was the first thing I had ever written:
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
original.not (17.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>
I believe I was in the Level 2 piano lesson book at the time. I didn't write it with any notation program, at the time I just wrote it down by hand.

Well, here it is 4 years later, and several revisions later (you can see that I'm not the quickest of composers). But here's the final product: Mom's Kitchen Rag. I guess it's not strictly a ragtime, but it does have ragtime influences.
<center><table border=1><tr><td>
kitchen rag.not (129.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>
Hope you enjoy it!
~Big D
Old 03-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Big D, Now that's

Howdy Big D,

Now that's what I call fun!!

I really enjoyed listening to the original first, as my daughter is taking piano and she's learning some of the motifs that you used. She was listening to it with me, and asked for me to print out the sheet music for it. I added the title and composer's name to it, then printed up the sheet for her. She's excited

Then we listened to how you've "grown" it - your Mom must just dance around the kitchen You've dressed it well, and done it so as to enhance the fun factor rather than making it stuffy (as sometimes seems to happen with such "growth").

Great job!! I (and my family) are really enjoying your work (the boys still ask for your dance piece ).

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 03-28-2007, 11:27 PM
Lee Eschen (leeschen)

Default Such a delightful piece, Danie

Such a delightful piece, Daniel! I love it. I could actually visualize a Mom bustling about the kitchen, doing all the things that Mom's do that endear them to us all. With Mother's Day coming up before too long, I hope you will dedicate it to your own mother.

I had not realized that you were as young as you are. Given the quality of your compositions at 17, I would predict a life long lode of wonderful music coming from your unique talent. I look forward to hearing the work of that rich and famous composer, Daniel Vallery, and being able to say, "I knew him when . . . ."

Lee Eschen
Old 03-29-2007, 12:46 AM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hey Lee !, I knew him then, to

Hey Lee !, I knew him then, too.

..... You never cease to amaze me, Daniel!

Cheers,
Fred
Old 03-29-2007, 05:56 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Daniel, Purely delightfu

Hi Daniel,

Purely delightful. I'd bet it is as much fun to play as to listen to.

If you're interested in Ragtime, you can google up midis of innumerable rags, from all of Joplin's works to recent examples from around the world. I've had a ball seeing how elastic the style is.

all best,
mgj
Old 03-29-2007, 04:34 PM
Daniel Vallery (danielv)

Default What can I say? It's pure

What can I say? It's purely a gift from God... thanks for all the feedback.

Sherry, it's great to hear about your family... that makes me happy. I'm really glad I'm able to use my gift to please them... Lee, yes, I will dedicate it to my mother, who is so wonderful and very supportive (and sometimes critical) of my music. And everyone else, thank you...

~Daniel