Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 10-07-2006, 06:25 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Sorry guys, I'm a little l

Sorry guys, I'm a little late (26 days). I wanted to do this for 9/11. My hat size must a have grown. I thought I could start it on 9/9 and have it finished in 2 days. Maybe I'll just consider it is 339 days early!.
Anyway, the editing was a little time consuming, and I had to learn some controller tools. So here it is.
Fred
<center><table border=1><tr><td>America with tempo changes &amp; echo
America The Beautiful.mid (29.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>
Old 10-07-2006, 06:36 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Fred, Wowzers!.......

Howdy Fred,

Wowzers!.......

(pause to collect my thoughts after hearing that).....

First off, as a performance, this is a real treat. You've used some really nice effects so that the performance, even with just my default Chaos soundfont, was well rendered. I haven't looked closely to see what all you did controller-wise and such (you other guys out there can dissect at will), but I'm going to get setup my GPO right now and see what that sounds like...

I'll also add that we've been listening to a lot of recordings lately from the military bands (my kids got on a kick; I found a bunch of mp3 free downloads at one of the sites), and I'm going to add your rendition here to the "playlist" )

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 10-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hi Sherry, Thank ya..thank ya

Hi Sherry,
Thank ya..thank ya verra much! Actually, I ended up only using the modulation wheel for the vibrato on the trumpets early on. I tried a dozen different things over the last month, but I just set the timing of the trumpet echo to 1/8th note difference and had to adjust the volume to make it sound closer to the right effect. I was back and forth using the echo or just another trumpet. The thing that took the longest was adjusting the attack and releases for the feeling.
It's funny you mention the military marches. I am currently working on a march (writing it under the pseudonym, John Freddie Sausage). I only have the intro completed and a few ideas scattered about to work on later. I wish I had written "76 Trombones" or "South Rampart Street Parade". I love that sound.
Cheers,
Fred
Old 10-08-2006, 06:28 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Fred, Another triumph!

Hi Fred,

Another triumph! Very dramatic, from the emotion choked beginning, through the broken waltz (a real inspiration) through the flourish, with timpani, at the end. This is more than an arrangement--it's a transformation, and a moving one.

I am guessing, what with the talk of controller tools and effects, that I'm missing something, so will look forward to hearing an mp3 of it. Here's an idea for the trumpet echo (on the chance you didn't already try it): how about using a trumpet with a pan of 1 or 127--off stage, as it were?

Yeah, wouldn't it be great to have written something like "76 Trombones?" In the meantime, we can look forward to Mr. Sausage's March.

all best,
mgj