Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2011, 05:19 PM
Senior User

Default Volumes reset on MIDI Exports

I regularly produce "emphasised" files for our SATB choir, providing them with both Notation and MIDI file formats. I have previously had no problems: I set suitable volumes for each emphasised part, save it as a Notation file and then Export as MIDI.
However for our next concert I have two files where on exporting to MIDI the volumes are reset to 96 for all parts and I cannot find any way of overcoming this. These are files which started life as MIDI downloads from another choir's website, but I have worked with such files before from the same website and not had any problems.
I should emphasise that files I have created from scratch for this concert still work as required - and the Notation versions of the naughty files do save the emphasised volumes correctly.
Can you suggest any reason why a particular file should reset its volumes when exporting to MIDI? I am attaching the files.
Thanks
Tim

Last edited by Tim Mariott; 01-31-2012 at 07:20 PM.