Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share news about music

Share news about music Do you have some news about music that you'd like to share with others? Here's the place.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-10-2008, 01:03 PM
Tim Fatchen (flyingtadpole)

Default Sometimes I feel like a white

Sometimes I feel like a white rat in a maze. But sometimes progress is visible. After three years of serious effort, I'm starting to get music into real production library catalogues (film/tv)--not to be confused with "royalty free" or "buyout" operations....

Don't EVER let anyone tell you that things happen fast in the music industry. If things really move fast, I could even see some money in 12-18 months time ;) Just as well I've kept my day job...that and climbing the steep curve back up to professional music standards has kept me very very busy which is why the extended silences.

My music getting into catalogues is a mix of piano, keyboard and orchestral: using my Chinese cheapie keyboards, or GPO, or occasionally Bandstand, or a combination. The one common thing is that all of it is Notation Composer stuff. Written in, played in, notation edited in, printed out, sequenced out using Composer. (Audio production of the output sound varies from very minor fiddling with Steinberg products to more complicated production using Cakewalk (Sonar) Music Creator--which incidentally is another cheapie.)

I have to give thanks to the bughunters on this forum: I confess that I normally travel one or two releases behind the current because right now I can't actually afford to have things fall over or even hiccup. The day job is leaving very little time and I need to move fast when I've got the music time available. So I cheer the support that comes from the enthusiastic users and triers-out, because travelling a little behind their activity front, I reap all the benefits! Seems unfair...

If'n'when bits of the music actually get used I'll try to announce, but it's likely to be after the event!