Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2006, 09:13 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Dr. Kalve, Many thanks for

Dr. Kalve,

Many thanks for your helpful comments. I'm afraid I don't think much (consciously) about phraseology when I'm writing--that is mostly a process of getting on paper what I have imagined; so I certainly wouldn't quibble with an analysis that finds it faulty. I can see, too, why there might be structural confusion. I tend to think in standard forms, but I also tend to make departures, usually after hesitating at first, when intuition tells me I would like the piece better if I did so. My only criterion for judging a piece is my listening enjoyment, and that standard could easily produce source material for a critical field day for anyone who doesn't enjoy it. But at my age, it seems more important to get the imagined stuff written before the years run out.

I am really glad you brought up the playability issue. The clarinetist I had in mind was as much wizard as virtuoso, but the instrument itself has limitations, and I have found several places where I will have to do some re-writing, for both instruments.

all best,
mgj