Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music > "Learning and Teaching" pieces

"Learning and Teaching" pieces Arrangements for helping aspiring musicians learn to play from sheet music.

Old 10-11-2018, 08:11 PM

Default The Poor People of Paris Duet

"The Poor People of Paris" was written by Marguerite Monnot in 1954 in France, and was made popular by French singing legend Edith Piaf. The English lyrics were written later by Jack Lawrence, who entitled the song, "The Poor People of Paris".

This song led my wife Cynthia and I on a merry chase. Both of us knew and loved the song, but couldn't think of the title. We asked a lot of our musical friends and others if they could "name that tune", but all responses were, "Hmm, I know the melody, but I can't place the title." We went to an appointment with our family dentist, and he responded like the rest. But, he called his piano teacher and Cynthia and I sang the melody on our dentist's speaker phone. Eureka! She identified the song for us! Mission accomplished!

We hope you enjoy playing it as much as we do - it's a happy tune.

If you would like to see the lyrics or the chords, you can use Composer commands to display them: for lyrics use qsl; for chords use qscn.

Ralph R. Rayner
Attached Files
File Type: not Poor People of Paris, The Duet.not (43.3 KB, 2 views)