Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-06-2009, 03:12 PM

Location: Balderson, Ontario, Canada, 100 kms (60 miles) from Ottawa
Default More formatting woes

Hi, guys:

Having found some rough work-arounds to my non-hiding staff problems, I am now up against an annoying difficulty.

I have a score for a new production which needs the following parts: Conductor, Organ and Vocal.

I am having a very difficult time making the formatting of the page view "stick". Each time I load up one of the files, one or more of the parts must be re-paginated and re-formatted. This is, to say the least, tedious. I need to be able to count on the same pagination and formatting each time, so that I can print them out as needed.

In the attached file, the Conductor part maintains its formatting, but, when I call up the Organ part, the formatting disappears each time it is loaded.

I have tried formatting each bar manually; I have tried do so by specifying number of bars per system and I have tried with and without Lock. Each time, the formatting for the Organ part disappears when loaded anew.

This is only an example of several such files and in each of them, it seems to be a different part that won't keep its formatting.

On one or two files (and I can't remember which, now), one page has come up "squashed", with several systems jammed together and attempting to un-Lock the formatting causes a complete system crash. I had to delete the part and recreate it in order to use the file.

However, deleting multiple parts seems to cause a crash on Save, so care must be taken there.

This, combined with the sudden un-hideable staff problem noted elsewhere, is very curious as I've not run into these problems before.

David
Attached Files
File Type: not No 2a The Chimes reprise.not (27.1 KB, 0 views)