Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hi Kombrig, Quote: But thos

Hi Kombrig,

Quote: But those slides require kind of special skills. For now on it's come out bad and ugly. However, I'm going to continue to practice...

You have no idea how bad and ugly my slides sounded when I first started trying them. The procedure was : draw/erase, draw/erase, draw/erase, etc. I spent over an hour on one slide. Then, I got smart. I downloaded songs containing those slides done by professionals, and I copied the slides they did. Then I applied the copied slides to notes of various durations and made a file. Then I simply kept drawing the slides myself as I saw them and made my own. From there, it got easier as time went on but there was much frustration early on. Now, it's actually fun!

quote: "So, your wife is a poet? Good for her!
Listen, Fred, she probably could help me"

No, Kombrig, she is not a poet. She is a fantastic artist, however. I have always believed that if you are an artist of any kind, it is possible to switch to a different kind of "art" and have some success. What is required is motivation. It took much coaxing on my part to get her to write the lyrics for my song. Finally, she said "Get me some paper and a pencil and get out of the room and leave me alone". The next day, she presented me with the lyrics. They needed a little editing, but I at least had some experience in that department. She loves the song and knew how much I wanted to submit it to American Idol. That was her "inspiration"... to switch from paint brush to pencil. I know my song will not be selected as one of the top 20. There were over 25,000 songs entered...many by true professionals, but I took the shot anyway. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained".

I did tell her of your request, and will play your songs for her. But I think the poor old gal is worn out from the last one.. She did say she was flattered that you would ask her to do it.

Cheers,
Fred