Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2008, 08:46 AM
Matt S (matthewschwartz)

Default Recorded with the intent of it

Recorded with the intent of it being a straightforward solo piano piece, but my computer and mic are pretty poor so there was a lot of distortion in the recording.

Since I couldn't get rid of it, I decided to play along and amp up the distortion for a massive Nine-Inch-Nails soundscape. I'd say it worked pretty well, if you're into that type of music.

This isn't necessarily "accessible", but not for reason of atonality. Rather, the soundscape is very harsh and intense (if you listen to this and think your speakers are croaking, that's really just the music itself), and the rhythms are very distorted and jolted.

The reason, of course, is that this is a requiem, and it seemed more proper to record some improper music to reflect a fully improper tragedy.

This is rather ambient and atmospheric, so instead of listening to it and waiting for "things to happen", just try closing your eyes and letting the music envelope you.

Well, here's the actual music:

Requiem of Sichuan

Thanks for checking this out. I look forward to receiving your feedback/comments/criticism.