Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share news about music

Share news about music Do you have some news about music that you'd like to share with others? Here's the place.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2015, 01:31 PM

Location: Balderson, Ontario, Canada, 100 kms (60 miles) from Ottawa
Default Re: Thank you and new stuff.

Hello, Lavajunkie:

It's very hard to interpret another composer's musical ideas from a rough sketch, but the attached edited Composer file seems to make musical sense to me within the parameters of your composition.

I tried to find your implied downbeats and adjusted the placement and durations of the notes in the last section to follow the meter more precisely. I also changed the low B in bar 178 to be a lower voice note, clarifying its longer duration.

I deleted the empty bars at the end that weren't needed and there was a spurious end barline at bar 179 that I adjusted to a single barline.

For clarity, I changed your instruction at bar 140 to read "D.C. al coda" and adjusted the two coda marks to be over their corresponding barlines.

I removed the unneeded segno at bar 125 as there was no corresponding Del Segno to lead to it.

And finally, I added a brace to the piano system.

Is that closer to what you were intending?

David
Attached Files
File Type: not The Disenchantment of Chet Sandberg amended.not (120.1 KB, 1 views)