Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 12-29-2006, 10:04 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default The first two movements are ma

The first two movements are made from left over material. Not left over because I didn't like it, but because I felt it didn't fit in the pieces it was left over from.

It is a draft, with the 1st movement having mostly phrasing left to do, the second not nearly so complete, and the third still quite rough.

The third, in fact, is questionable. It is built from a small piano piece I improvised some time ago, which I intended to be in the style of Mozart. It is questionable because I'm not entirely sure it fits into this piece, either.

In writing this I used the Soundsite solo cello, the For Classic Music clarinet, and the Soundsite grand piano. The piano and clarinet will revert to GM or GS midi, but I changed the cello to string ensemble 1. It does not sound a whole lot like a single cello, but it sounds a lot more cello-like than the GM solo cello.

Unfortunately, GM doesn't sound much like the soundfont version at all, but the tunes are still the same.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>1st movement
Clarinet Trio 1st Movement (48.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>
<center><table border=1><tr><td>2nd movement
Clarinet Trio 2nd Movement (21.6 k)</td></tr></table></center>
<center><table border=1><tr><td>3rd movement
Clarinet Trio 3rd Movement (37.3 k)</td></tr></table></center>

I am enclosing .mid files. The .not files are small enough to send, but with much of the annotation left to do, they wouldn't add all that much for the extra download time.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:15 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default The first movement doesn't

The first movement doesn't sound right, you say? Right. I click the wrong thing when I made the cello string ensemble 1. Here is the corrected setting.

<center><table border=1><tr><td>1st movement
Clarinet Trio 1st Movement (48.3 k)</td></tr></table></center>
Old 12-31-2006, 03:53 AM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default Hi MG, I really like The Cl

Hi MG,

I really like The Clarinet Trio!! The cello string ensemble is definitely a huge improvement in the 1st Movement. I am especially fond of the piano parts throughout all three. I think the 3rd movement fits in nicely. I may not be the greatest authority on classical music, but I know what I like. I'm very impressed with the whole thing. You say you improvised the piano part in #3? Wow! You've got your stuff together, my friend. You have convinced me I need to get back to practicing again.

Cheers,
Fred
Old 01-02-2007, 10:23 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Fred, Yes, improvised.

Hi Fred,

Yes, improvised. The 3rd movement began as a small piece--about the first 20 measures, now given mostly to the clarinet. It was quite a while ago, and consisted of melody in the right hand and some A, D and E chords in the left.

Sometimes I wish I had a piano so I could practice a bit again. But to play the piano part as it's now written would take more practice on some passages than I'm willing to do.

Your mention of practice started me thinking of some of the exercises I used to have to do. Like a thumb under exercise on a dimished chord with a sixth--up and down the keyboard as fast as possible, one note of the chord higher each time, or lower if coming down, thumb under every three notes, with a quarter balanced on each wrist. Ouch. My teacher was also a great believer in Hannon, played as loud and fast as possible, with the ever-present quarter. I think that I need epsom salts even to think about it any more.

I hope you have GPO all in working order and are having fun with it.

best,
mgj
Old 01-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Fred Winterling (harbor1)

Default HI MG, >>"Your

HI MG,

>>"Your mention of practice started me thinking of some of the exercises I used to have to do. Like a thumb under exercise on a dimished chord with a sixth--up and down the keyboard as fast as possible, one note of the chord higher each time, or lower if coming down, thumb under every three notes, with a quarter balanced on each wrist."

How well I remember that exercise (except for the quarter balancing act). I couldn't hold a pencil in my hand the rest of the day. I did download a bunch of Hannon exercises last year but lost them in the computer crash.

I am learning GPO little by little. I really need to learn how to "tweak" the instruments. I've tried a lot of them in some previous pieces. A few sound a little better, but many don't sound as good as the GM instruments. I know that has to be my fault. I just have to figure out where I am at fault. I hope I don't need another sound card. Well, back to the drawing board!

Cheers,
Fred