Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share news about music

Share news about music Do you have some news about music that you'd like to share with others? Here's the place.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2010, 11:35 AM
Senior User

Thumbs up Re: A New Notation Composer User

Nice to read your stories. I guess everyone has a very personal story with music and the nice thing is if you like it it will follow you all your life even you have some longer breaks in music making.

I've just purchased Notation Composer too. It is a very useful program.

My story is somewhere between folk music and interest for keyboard instruments of any kind from organs to synthesizers. I had not much traditional music education either and learned most by doing, from friends or own studies. I know this is not the easiest way and makes finding tools and instruments you find useful or helpful not easier.

The cool thing about Composer is it is a midi sequencer and a really usable scoring solution in one. It's also very affordable now. It fills the gap between highly professional scoring solutions and sequencers. But Notation Software is even more to me - it's like a tuition in scoring. I knew already some about score but the Composer manual alone is a big asset. It's also a learning tool I can see and hear new music I want to learn or work with. And it can manage midi and karaoke files and is by far a better companion for any keyboard player than the many tiny midi tools addressing this or that task but have no allover concept and sum up to by far higher total expense.

Notation Software is around for long and I hope they will continue to do some more good work in future.

Last edited by NotationUser; 10-18-2010 at 10:06 PM. Reason: typo removed