Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:44 AM
Senior User

Default The Search for Nelly Gray, VI Encounters

The attached zip file and the listing on Soundclick (about mid-week) will still refer to this as part of my third symphony, which doesn't exist because "Nelly" has become something else.

The score needs quite a bit of even the simplified annotation I am working toward and a bit more work with the orchestra, but it is close enough to 10MB now to save that for later. Actually, the Prelude is the only section that I consider totally finished, anyhow.

I had intended that the song both sides join in on should end this section, but that became impossible. The solution of delaying it until the next section was simple enough, and also solved the problem of where a dialog between Nelly and Ned, which concerns Ned's state of mind, could be placed. Hopefully, section VII will take care of both.

The soundfont collection is entirely Merlin Creative. The piano did not get used where I originally intended, but forgot to delete the staff.

Although Real Voice is a good soundfont, I am becoming increasingly irritated that the timbre becomes female a few notes above Middle C, leaving the poor tenor sounding as if, well, he were not all there. If I ever come across a good tenor soundfont there will be considerable re-writing for the tenor soloist, and at some point will do a performance version for the poor guy.

all best,
mgj

PS. Sorry about that. Just found out that zip files are limited to 97 KB and .not to 1.91 MB. VI will be on Soundclick soon, and I will reply to an email with a pdf of the sometimes a bit complicated text.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:11 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: The Search for Nelly Gray, VI Encounters

Howdy MG,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgj32 View Post
Just found out that zip files are limited to 97 KB and .not to 1.91 MB. VI will be on Soundclick soon, and I will reply to an email with a pdf of the sometimes a bit complicated text.
I didn't realize that the filesize was set so small. I've just fixed that. Please do try again to upload your zip file. The world wants to see and hear

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 08-24-2009, 06:31 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C View Post
Howdy MG,

I didn't realize that the filesize was set so small. I've just fixed that. Please do try again to upload your zip file. The world wants to see and hear

ttfn,
Sherry
I've tried it again with the zip of the score. Now that it's done, it strikes me it may be rather hard to find here. But what else is new?

all best,
mgj
Attached Files
File Type: zip Symphony 3, VI Encounters.zip (627.9 KB, 9 views)
Old 08-25-2009, 06:16 AM
Senior User

Quote:
I've tried it again with the zip of the score. Now that it's done, it strikes me it may be rather hard to find here. But what else is new?

all best,
mgj
I tried downloading the link above and got "attachment.php," I believe it was. Use save as "Encounters(or whatever).zip, and it is the zip file that downloads.
Old 08-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)

Howdy MG,

Quote:
I tried downloading the link above and got "attachment.php," I believe it was. Use save as "Encounters(or whatever).zip, and it is the zip file that downloads.
I just tried downloading your file in Firefox 3.5.2, by left-clicking and then selecting to "Download" the file. It downloaded and stored perfectly on my harddrive with the name you had given it.

What browser and step(s) were you using when you encountered the problem? I may need to post a "tip" for downloads if there is a browser-specific issue.

Thanks!
Sherry
Old 08-26-2009, 06:01 PM
Senior User

Hi Sherry,

I left clicked and the file name that was in the download box was the one with the .php, or something like that, extension. I found the problem, I think. When that is the file that came up and downloaded, I had forgot to log in. Once I logged in, everything was as it should be. I guess you could test this by logging out, then trying the download. Logged in, although I canceled all but the first download, the correct information was there. The only other step I can think of is that I got to the site by clicking the URL in the email notification.

Hope this helps.
all the best,
mgj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C View Post
Howdy MG,

I just tried downloading your file in Firefox 3.5.2, by left-clicking and then selecting to "Download" the file. It downloaded and stored perfectly on my harddrive with the name you had given it.

What browser and step(s) were you using when you encountered the problem? I may need to post a "tip" for downloads if there is a browser-specific issue.

Thanks!
Sherry