Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 07-24-2009, 05:57 AM
Senior User

Default Happy Birthday & 5 Variations for Jane: Style, mixed.

My daughter in law chose the glockenspiel for her special variation, so I finished the piece. Being compassionate toward oboists, I substituted a flute. All the instruments are in the Merlin Creative collection, which supposedly was put together with my sound card in mind. I tried it using MS Wavetable, and didn't like what happened to the loudness of some instruments, but I will put it on Soundclick before her birthday, which is Jul 31.

I would imagine there have been hundreds of variations done for this tune, but I've never heard any, so I had a bit of fun with the doing of it.
Attached Files
File Type: not Hapy Birthday & 5 Variations for Jane.not (420.9 KB, 34 views)
Old 07-25-2009, 09:12 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default Re: Happy Birthday & 5 Variations for Jane: Style, mixed.

Howdy MG,

You obviously had fun with this, and it shows I'm sure that Jane will be very happy with her birthday presents - I say presents since there are so many styles in this one!

ttfn,
Sherry
Old 07-25-2009, 09:26 PM
Senior User

Hi Sherry,

Yes, Jane likes it. But here's one of those things that belongs in the believe it or not category. "Happy Birthday," through written in the 1890s, is under copyright until 2030. I guess I'll have to put a disclaimer somewhere in the manuscript that commercial use is forbidden. Google it; it's an interesting story of how the copyright got continued, and involves some big names in the music industry.

best,
mgj
Old 07-29-2009, 06:20 AM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgj32 View Post
Hi Sherry,

Yes, Jane likes it. But here's one of those things that belongs in the believe it or not category. "Happy Birthday," through written in the 1890s, is under copyright until 2030. I guess I'll have to put a disclaimer somewhere in the manuscript that commercial use is forbidden. Google it; it's an interesting story of how the copyright got continued, and involves some big names in the music industry.

best,
mgj
Since this is copyrighted, and can only be used for private occasions, anyone who wishes to join in Jane's birthday party, can get the mp3 at
http://senduit.com/51b2c3
It will be there until July 31.

best,
mgj