Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > News and notes > Announcements

Announcements News from the Notation Software team

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2006, 04:49 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default The Musician and Composer beta

The Musician and Composer beta version 1.9.15 expires today on December 6. Version 1.9.15A has been released at www.notation.com/MidiNotateBetaRelease.htm to extend the beta trial period to December 19.

It will be necessary for you to download and re-install the entire Musician or Composer beta release via the 5.4Mb setup file. No patch is available.

I'm betting that this is the very last time I'll have to extend the beta trial period. It has already happened too many times. It's so embarrassing. However, compare this to Microsoft Vista. I spent less than a year updating version 1.1 to version 2.0. That's one person-year, less time I spent doing other work here. Microsoft spent 5 years of 2000 programmers' time, for a total of 10,000 people-years, to update XP to Vista. Is the upgrade from XP to Vista worth 10,000 as much as the upgrade from from Composer 1.1 to 2.0?

Well, yes. Microsoft is going to make a whole lot more than 10,000 as many dollars on the upgrade as I will. But I had more fun doing this than most of the 2000 programmers at Microsoft did.

Cheers
-- Mark