Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2012, 09:56 AM
regb

Default Re: Type of File

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C View Post
Hi,

Thanks for including the link to the file as it is very helpful

This file is a beautiful performance rendition of the piece, but it was recorded without reference to the MIDI metronome, which is why it looks a mess when transcribed. Fortunately, Notation Composer's ReBar feature can help you get usable sheet music from this file. There is a Tutorial Video (fairly new) that demonstrates how to use the ReBar feature - you can find it at http://www.notation.com/vb-forum/showthread.php?t=4064

Alternatively, you can try finding a different .mid file of the piece that may have been sequenced/recorded according to a metronome, and perhaps tweaked using the Tempo map rather than just freely recording to get a good performance. You can just use a favorite search engine to look for "clair de lune MIDI file", or any of the special search engines on our page at http://www.notation.com/MIDI-Search.php

Enjoy!
Sherry
Thanks for the prompt and detailed reply.
Due to other priorities I haven't been able to get back to this for a week or so, but I think I will take the Re-Bar route this week.
I probably COULD find another midi file, but I will almost certainly stumble upon other midi files that need similar processing, so the learning curve will be worth the investment of time.
Hopefully I can get through this before my trial period expires, which will help my purchasing decision (-: