Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Tips and tricks for using Notation Software products

Tips and tricks for using Notation Software products Learn (and share) tips and tricks for getting the most out of your Notation Software products.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2013, 09:23 PM
Decrepit Goose

Default Re: Notation Software Without Measures or Time Signatures

I'm really sorry for the late response; I really want this information! (I got carried away waiting for the maintenance to end.)

I hope this isn't considered a dead thread.

As for the requirements of a computer, I'm not a professional at all but I don't see why this would be complicated: each note having a relative temporal value. These values changing proportionately by raising or lowering the tempo.

I totally understand what you mean about the barlines, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason I never find what I'm looking for. That does give me a nice idea, though; searching for software without an emphasis on human performance.

As far as composing goes, just composing, barlines are simply an impediment (at least to me). I read that Erik Satie used no barlines; he might be a good example of it's absence.

In other words, I don't see why a computer can't leave these out and still be able to playback. In fact, I guess you hit the bull's eye; they have the performers in mind. I just want to compose; I don't need to consider a performer.