Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 06-20-2005, 07:19 PM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Mark, You wrote: I

Howdy Mark,

You wrote:

I could do that, and perhaps will later. But I'm interested in hearing what you might do. It would be sort of like how my piano teacher, Althea, taught me. She was my first and only piano teacher from age 8 to 18. She never showed me how to interpret music by playing it herself. She just gave me suggestions, and left it to me to put my own personal touch on the music. It became my music instead of hers. Althea wasn't very strong on teaching piano technique; but she taught her students to love music. So, I'm thinking here the way Althea would by offering some suggestions but leaving it to you to put your own personal touch on the piece. If I've left you enough room ... :-)

Sherry says:

That sounds an awful lot like what I do with my students As mentioned, I know about enough to be dangerous, but I do love music, and I've learned from all different styles. I'm certainly not the best in a technical sense by a long shot, but I do want all my students (and my kids) to love what they do, and I think there I am successful (so far).

As for the tuba part, I'm going to go out in the sunshine and rest a bit under a big willow tree and see what sorts of things float out. A willow seems a good inspiration for a big foundational, yet a bit unpredictable part ;) This one has been around about 150+ years! (the tree, not the part)

ttfn,
Sherry

Old 06-28-2005, 06:27 AM
Sherry Crann (sherry)

Default Howdy Mark, Ok, so I was fo

Howdy Mark,

Ok, so I was fooling around a bit with GPO after Andrew had mentioned he was having problems hearing it, and here's what I came up with for the tuba part, labelled creatively as "new tuba" for that track:

<center><table border=1><tr><td>Sherry answers Mark about the tuba
Stars_20_GPO_Sherry answers Mark.not (115.4 k)</td></tr></table></center>

I've left the first tuba part in, but have hidden and muted it (which also makes the comments disappear, unless you unhide that track). Some changes were directly your comments, some sort of took off. But this is a first revision, so I may change my mind

And we really have to do something about that Addiction Management thing....

ttfn,
Sherry