Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-20-2013, 05:44 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)
Default I Saw Three Ships - for mixed band

Hi friends,

A friend of mine asked me if I'd like to do an arrangement of "I Saw Three Ships" for a group of us that would be playing for their church's Christmas Eve service, and she gave me the instrument list (with a couple of "maybes") for me to consider. I decided to give it a shot, and here is what I came up with.

The percussion is pretty simple here, but I just wanted to give the "feel" - I know the percussionist, and I'm giving him full liberty to fill it out as he sees/hears it fit Also, the "bell" on the percussion part will be removed if the "Bells" person gets to play For our performance, the "maybes" are doubled parts so that if they don't play, the arrangement should still hold together.

The arrangement isn't too complicated - it has some doubled parts, and the main interest is a bit of harmonization and the key changes - but I think for doing it in a single day, it turned out ok. I'm looking forward to hearing real live musicians play it and add the nuances of their own to the performance.

ISawThreeShips-sac2013.not

As always, it will sound a bit cheesy on the default GS Wavetable device, but I'm hoping to record the live performance and will post a link to that if/when it happens.

Merry Christmas to all!
Sherry

Last edited by Sherry C; 12-20-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: changed attachment after making a couple of minor corrections