Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 04-06-2008, 09:14 PM
Adrian Allan (adrianallan)

Default I'm not actually religious

I'm not actually religious; however, when my mum's next door neighbour asked me to think of some music to fit his multi-denominational words, I obliged, because I like a challenge.

So I challenged myself to make a modern-day hymn that stayed true to the simplicity of the message in the words, but had enough musical interest to make it worth listening to again.

I take a few risks with the music - like holding the letter "i" across a run of notes. (remember how Lionel Bart was initially criticized for the smash hit "where-e-e-ere is love" ?).

Also, it's sung by the ever-controversial vocaloid. But my second attempt at vocaloid has been a bit more effective, I hope. I've not yet had time to massively improve my sound engineering skills in a week, either.

It's scored for a small and unusual grouping - solo cello, bassoon, harp, clarinet and piano. Again, midinotate, export to cubase, native instruments. I lost original midi file so used Vivaldiscan to scan the music in again. Vivaldiscan is another great program.

Hope you like it, and any comments would be welcome.

Soundclick link (this is MUCH better sound than Youtube's file compression):

http://www.soundclick.com/members/de...content=Videos

Youtube (worse quality, but more exposure)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=grVwikAYd1k

Ps.

My filming was at:

The ruined Fountains Abbey, Yorkshire
The beautiful interior of Ripon Cathedral
Glen Trool National Park, Scotland