Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2010, 09:01 PM
Active User

Default Re: Measure Numbers for Repeat Staff Endings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C View Post
Hi Iain,
Since Composer also performs the measures (rather than just drawing them to look nice), it needs some way of telling those measure 9s apart, and sequential numbering is just easiest for Composer and for the user that may want to manipulate the repetition instructions. I have seen measure numbering like you're showing here. But I've also seen published measure numbering in sequential numbers (like Composer currently does.) I'll consult my notation standards guru
Thanks Sherry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherry C
I've confirmed the same problem on opening your attached file here. Was there a point previously where you could use the Layout/Page Layout/Specify number of bars per system? If so, you may have a copy of that file in your Autosave archive. It would be really helpful (ie save me lots of time ) if you do have such a copy that allows you to use the Specify command. Then I can compare them to hopefully figure out the problem.

This is the error message:
Attachment 174
Yes, that was the message I got.

Here is a previous auto-save version that doesn't seem to have the problem. But note that in this version the measure numbers start at 1 so the problem seems to have occurred after making the starting measure (anacrusis) bar 0 as per my book. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the quick replies - great forum this.

Iain
Attached Files
File Type: not Homeflowers Polka Mazurka-Recover-3.not (14.1 KB, 0 views)