Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-15-2010, 04:32 PM
Senior User

Default Stubborn beams

In the page of vocal score that I sent you, you will see that though there are lots of 8th notes - but no beaming in the vocal lines.

Using the default settings, on entering the notes I end up with lots of beams between pairs of notes. Many times I can just edit these using the beam - set to flags, but in quite a few instances the beams just refuse to be reset to flags. I have tried saving and repoening the file but some of my beams just will not reset.

I thought I might try changing the default beaming pattern to "no beams" but find I cannot do that.

In the attached file

1. in measure 30, all the beams in the soloist line will reset to flags, but

2. in measure 29, none of the beams in the choral lines will reset, and

3. in measure 31, the beams reset to flags except for the last beam in the measure.

Can you please restore me to some sanity. Again I'm sure it's my lack of experience with the product.

Tim

Last edited by Tim Mariott; 01-31-2012 at 06:20 PM.