Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-12-2010, 09:48 AM
gimproviser

Default Step-time entry - unwanted rests

Hello all.
I've installed NOTATION COMPOSER, demo. version, and would rate the software overall very good indeed and excellent value for money. However, I find there is a problem during step-time entry using a MIDI controller keyboard - namely, the random inclusion of 1/8 rests. For me, this is a major problem as I do a lot of step-time entry while reading from existing music. To look up at the screen and find randomly distributed rests is really disappointing (to say the least !!). The 'way round' using Shift and left arrow to relocate the various blocks of notation is just too tiresome to be acceptable. Has anyone else found this problem ? Has anyone found an explanation ? I wonder if my keyboard is sending out messages I'm not aware of !