Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2018, 07:43 PM

Default Structure Question

The attached duet is going to be very long and I'm trying to structure it to fit on 3 printed pages. In order to do so, I have to do some rather creative roadmapping. The flow goes the way I want it to because I used the qri command to make it so, but of course the underlying Composer logic says "The validation of repeat and ending numbers detected an implausibility...".

Logically, a D. S. al Coda would be appropriate for this situation, but I need that for later in the song. I've never seen two separate D. S.s and Codas used - that would be very bizarre.

I need to have 2-7 repeated and 12-24 repeated in order to keep the score small enough (we play from the printed score, not separate parts).

The score will be about 90 measures long when it's complete and I'm hoping to not overflow onto page 4. In my experience, I haven't seen any structures quite like this. I could label the endings at 25-27 and 28-30 endings 5 and 6, to try to clarify the flow. Any suggestions?

BTW, there is an error in the error message - says "needs to be check", instead of "needs to be checked". I will see if I can attach the PNG file, along with the song.

Ralph Rayner
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (18.1 KB, 19 views)
Attached Files
File Type: not Maria (The Sound of Music) Duet.not (16.7 KB, 1 views)