Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Beta Testing Area > Beta 3.0.7 > Other

Other Report or discuss other non-specified issues with the 3.0.7 beta.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-20-2017, 01:25 PM

Location: Balderson, Ontario, Canada, 100 kms (60 miles) from Ottawa
Default Squished bars in Page View/printout

Hi, Reinhold, Sherry:

Here's something that doesn't specifically have to do with the current beta, but it's been around a long time and I've run into it big-time in my current project.

In Page View, some bars, usually, but not always, the right hand bars at the top of the page, get squished! See the attached "Squished notes at bar 68.jpg".

The problem is, there seems to be a lock or block that prevents the notes from being spread out, even when the bar lines are moved in Layout. See attached "Squished notes at bar 68 in Page Layout.jpg". Note the amount of white space to the right of the bar.

Often, too, the bar lines can't be moved, but stubbornly refuse to be budged.

While this usually seems to be on the first system of a page, it sometimes occurs further down. See attached "Squished notes at bar 146.jpg".

I've run into this quite a bit with my current project, which is 100+ pages of piano music. The work-around is to copy the contents of the bar into a new file, delete the bar, insert a new bar in its place, then copy the contents back into the new bar one beat at a time, beginning with the last beat and working to the first beat.

While this doesn't happen with every page, it occurs frequently enough to create a few "humph" moments.

As I say, this has been around for a long time, so it may be on the list already. I'm just grumpy this morning.

David
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Squished notes at bar 68.jpg (67.7 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Squished notes at bar 68 in Page Layout.jpg (91.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Squished notes at bar 146.jpg (105.6 KB, 3 views)