Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-23-2015, 10:32 AM
Senior User

Default Controlling screen refresh

Is there any way to stop Notation Composer from shifting the measures around when editing a score?

I am tidying a choral score imported from a MIDI file. It has a lot of messy dotted notes and double voicing in the accompaniment which require careful checking against the printed score. Sometimes changing just one note causes a screen refresh which shifts the measures around on the screen or, at worst, causes the measure being edited to shift to the previous or next page.

This is a real pain to ancient editors as I have to keep relocating the measure that I am editing on screen by which time I have lost track of the printed score - and then it happens all over again with the next edit.

So is there any way of saying to Composer that whilst it is very helpful to optimise the layout, could you please leave the measures in the same position on the screen until I "release" them?

I can quite understand this may be impossible: it's just causing me a lot of frustration at the present time.

Tim