Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2007, 07:30 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default Hi Daniel, The piece lives

Hi Daniel,

The piece lives up to its title. Explosive with seething intervals. It is, I think, a well-controlled explosion, showing a nice handling of musical ideas.

As to the problems: I had the 8va problem at the other end. That is, the 8vb when extended over a couple of pages acted just as your 8va did, and left the same traces. That "8" and the bracket, by the way, can be deleted, but it took me a lot of tries, adding another 8vb over it, selecting and deleting. I finally, since I needed to print the file to put into the mail, just forgot about the 8vb and left all the ledger lines. But the problem is on the to-do list.

A glissando is just a line that you can draw, intended as a performance direction, not an ornament, as far as I can tell from the manual (and experimenting). The best way to do one, I've found, is to enter the notes (32nd or 64th), then adjust the tempo (usually up) for the beats occupied by the notes. It does not look very pretty, of course, if the glissando involves a lot of the keyboard.

Something on the to-do list may help here. Cue notes are probably quite far down on that list, but they would help for a short glissando. If such notes are made silent by entering a zero note velocity, they could also be used as sounding cadenza and glissando notes. I guess, though, where you wanted just the wavy line while still having the notes sound, the glissando would have to be made an ornament or, as you suggested, the notes themselves be hidable.

Good luck with your performance!

all best,
mgj