Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Old 05-24-2008, 01:44 AM
Adrian Allan (adrianallan)

Default Here is my music for classical

Here is my music for classical guitar and orchestra.

It's taken me a LONG time to come up with an orchestration for my solo guitar piece, but finally, here it is. I've posted the guitar solo on here before, but this is the performance:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?znjzuymmygs

and here you can see me playing it on Youtube:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=B-Z0q58wVWg#GU5U2spHI_4

best wishes

adrian.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Matt S (matthewschwartz)

Default Great piece! Love the orchestr

Great piece! Love the orchestration, and I love the whole "Mediterranean" vibe. Flawless guitar playing; it sounds quite fun to play.

Man, that piece actually just made me want to write my own Spanish-flavored guitar concerto. XD

Props for writing an inspirational piece.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Adrian Allan (adrianallan)

Default thanks so much for listening !

thanks so much for listening !

Actually, I re-did the piece for youtube, and provided a new MP3 link there too - as there were faults in the original with synchronicity.

The new version is on my youtube page - just navigate from the link above, to the "video edit" version.

Thanks

adrian
Old 03-09-2012, 11:39 AM
guitarissts

Default Re: Piece for Classical Guitar and Orchestra played live

Lifetime of playing by ear. I don't know how to read what you just sent me. I can play, and pretty well, but I don't read! Tell me what the lines and the numbers mean and I might hire you for the long haul of my retirement's first goal, learn music theory fundamentals. I don't know what a chord voicing is.
Old 03-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Product Manager

Location: Bad Axe, MI, USA (The Tip of the Thumb of Michigan)

Hi,

Regarding learning music theory, there is an excellent site called Teoria (http://www.teoria.com/) which can help you with that.

If you're using Notation Musician or Notation Composer, there are a number of tools that can help you learn to read sheet music (it's helped me tremendously).

Use the Tempo buttons to slow down a piece as it plays, so you can more closely watch the notes as they highlight and hear what they sound like - both pitch-wise and duration-wise.

"Format/Display pitch names in noteheads" will show you the note names, so you can get familiar with where they are visually on the sheet music, and hear them so you know what they should sound like on your guitar or other instrument (scale exercises can help here for "fretboard familiarity".

"Perform/Practice Setup" lets you set up practice loops to work on small chunks of a song at a time. If you do this with a song you already know, then the visual of seeing the note on the score while you're playing it on your instrument will help you associate the notes you see with the notes your fingers are playing.

Enjoy
Sherry
Old 03-11-2012, 09:21 AM
ArianeWhit

Default good work

this is good work !
Old 03-13-2012, 08:59 AM
guitarissts

I am excited about learning to play the guitar. I actually took lessons about 40 years ago for about a year. I was so involved in sports, I didn't dedicate the time to learning to play the guitar.
Old 03-10-2012, 06:44 AM
Senior User

Default Re: Here is my music for classical

Hi Adrian,
Somehow missed this in '08, but am happy I bumped into it tonight. You spoke of 'coming up' with the orchestration, which might suggest something imposed. However, I think the whole sounds integral, and I enjoyed it thoroughly.
All best,
mgj