Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-18-2008, 05:57 AM
M G Jacobs (mgj32)

Default I was beginning to get excited

I was beginning to get excited about returning to this symphony a year or so ago, but things didn't work out that way. I have finally begun to "finish" what I started back in '03, or maybe '02. The first movement is nearly complete, but getting it into 16 channels is like going after a bear with a slingshot. The current movement remains as originally planned -- small orchestra, including a harp and oboe. The changes are the addition of a clarinet and two horns, some measures for a solo cello and a gong. The major one, though, is probably letting the first theme become longer and more flowing. It is short enough to send the .not file, mostly since the annotation is not done. If anyone has a tam tam sound font, it can be substituted for the cymbal in measures 118 and 121, at G4. The solo cello is from the Sinfonia collection.

Despite the D minor start to the first movement, and some sounds someone called diabolical, and the contemplative, perhaps sometimes erotic, second movement, the symphony as a whole is about fun, with bits and pieces of tunes like "In the Good Old Summertime," "Bicycle Built for Two," "Red River Valley," etc., etc.

I will get a recording of the second movement on Soundclick within a week.

<!-attachment-!><center></center><!-/attachment-!>