Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > News and notes > Announcements

Announcements News from the Notation Software team

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2005, 10:43 PM
Mark Walsen (markwa)

Default Hello All, Sherry Crann, we

Hello All,

Sherry Crann, well-known to this forum community of MidiNotate users, has joined Notation Software as Director of Internet Marketing. Sherry will head up efforts to market and advertise MidiNotate products on the Internet. She will also help me with a variety of other tasks that will allow me to continue allocating a large portion of my time to product development and customer support.

Since Sherry is an enthusiastic and highly experienced MidiNotate Composer user herself, you will continue to see her in the forum as a fellow colleague. Sherry actively writes and arranges music that is performed live by local musical groups, such as a band at her church, local schools, and her musical family. Sherry plays a variety of instruments, including the bass guitar and, not least, the penny whistle.

Sherry earned an M.S. degree at the University of Michigan in biological chemistry, after undergraduate study at North Carolina State University. Her subsequent 12-year career at the biochemistry laboratory of the Kresge Hearing Research Institute included managing laboratory personnel, designing and overseeing studies and experiments by staff and students, and writing and editing research articles for publication. The laboratory’s research focus on auditory systems is perhaps not unsurprisingly related to Sherry’s love for music.

Sherry has always been actively involved with computers, including experience in programming before the days of PCs. She served as the computer support liaison in the biochemistry lab at Kresge Hearing Research Institute, coordinating the data collection by researchers with computer processing of the data.

Sherry’s coming on board at Notation Software represents an important milestone in the company’s history. I am quite excited about it.

Sincerely,
Mark Walsen