Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Musician community sharing > Share Your Music
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search New Posts

Share Your Music Share your .not or .mid files of your arrangements or compositions.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-03-2010, 06:37 AM
Active User

Default Re: Romance For Viola and Piano

Ralph, thanks for the kind review.

I only sat down at the piano and started writing this from scratch last Saturday; but when I'm in the mood, musical compulsive disorder takes over.

In terms of the software, Sibelius is only really needed if you are planning to send your piece off to musicians and make a good impression. Notation gives a good working product.

Finale and Sibelius are the two products aimed at top-end scoring. Finale is more popular your side of the Atlantic, whereas Sibelius has more of the European following. Both are quite expensive and Sibelius is about $800. I think Sibelius is much easier to use and has better product support.

The full Cubase is not necessary. Ask for Cubase Studio 5. This is about $400. I use this and it's perfectly good enough. The full Cubase gives quadrophonic sound, which most people don't need.

Thanks again