Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2009, 02:04 PM
john s. smith (jss)

Default Shifting large areas of score right leaving gap or left into gap

Hi Again!
Just to request your assistance again Sherry...

I have a substantial piece under way (well, for me it is - a few hundred bars). I've bumped into a problem that I had many time over the years. What I need to do is shift *all* the music (notes annotation, the lot), from a given point in the score, over to the right by just half a measure!

e.g. Shift all the music from bar 51.5 to the right (leaving the space vacated, empty)

To be general, The opposite is just as useful. ie To shift the music into an existing gap.

The point of both these moves (musically), is to attempt to line the true beat of the music at the start of bars.

I did (optimistically) try SHIFT - Arrow Key and got a warning about as-notated as perf grace notes cannot be edited directly.

So sounds simple but I always seem to screw it up and end up with horrendous cut n pastes etc. This point was one that I'd written into my treaties (joke) on measure (bar) positioning problems in real compositions. I kind of regard it as the X dimension problem that the Parts presents in the Y (well maybe not *that* difficult).

As usual I am prepared to be told it's a piece of cake to do :-) well I hope it is.

Thank you for any help with this
regards
-John