Notation Software Users Forum  

Go Back   Notation Software Users Forum > Technical area > Questions or problems

Questions or problems Have a question or problem about something you can't find in the Help/Users Guide? Ask it here!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-09-2009, 09:42 AM
john s. smith (jss)

Default Hi Sherry, Late last night wo

Hi Sherry,
Late last night working on a composition I realized the durations of all notes needed halving (to agree with the time signature I wanted to use). As if by magic I discovered a button that offered to do exactly this. Came with a few warning about losing the annotation etc - but ok that's fine. I clicked on it and it did an excellent job. The resulting score had a few things to fix (like any embedded change of clef signs were lost) - but all easily fixed. But there are now two problem for me.

1. Can I find that button that did the note-halving anywhere now - no way! It must be somewhere - I didn't dream it, as the resulting changed score is her on the screen!

2. The result of this button was to generate a temporary MIDI file (which I then saved as a .not). That's fine except for one thing: each staff is now a separate staff - whereas the original was for piano. i.e. All the bar lines for the piano were of course joining each pair of staffs. Now, each staff has it's own bar line (except the very leftmost one which show as joined together.

Oh there was one other thing, some short-duration notes are written-out as trills (but not all of them even though of same initial duration. I can easily enter the notes again - unless there is an easier way?

Can you answer these mysteries for me please .
Many thanks
-John